Bourne Hall’s History
Many of the buildings have been refaced in the 18th and 19th centuries but still form an organic jumble of small-scale buildings nestling in the Bourne Valley between the undeveloped East and West Hills.
The site was originally the home of a theatre built in 1825. The theatre was not very successful however and in 1833 was sold to a committee of Wesleyans who set about converting the building into a Methodist Chapel.
In 1939 the neo-classical building was demolished & the present plain brick chapel built. The new building was opened on 20th March 1940.
In recent years, following the end of use as a church, the building has been used for a variety of uses including as a café, art exhibition space & reception venue for weddings.